Youth Care Specialist job vacancy in Children’s Home Association of IL – Jobs in Illinois
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Children’s Home Association of IL & they are Hiring Candidates for Youth Care Specialist
Company Name : Children’s Home Association of IL
Company Location : Peoria, IL 61604
Job Position : Youth Care Specialist
Job Category : Jobs in Illinois
Job Description :
Children’s Home Association of Illinois (CHAIL) is the largest social service agency for youth and families in downstate Illinois. The services we provide don’t just impact the individual child, they create positive ripple effectives within their immediate family, neighborhood, community, and world by providing an opportunity to thrive.
Our residential programs are growing, and our agency is looking to add kind, empathetic, and dedicated mental health and social work experts to our team.
Children who enter into CHAIL’s residential programs are in need of clinical treatment. While Youth Care Specialists (also known as Residential Counselors) are not required to have a therapeutic background, they must demonstrate the ability to bring a therapeutic and empathetic approach to their interaction with clients.
This position is a direct service role that works directly with children in our care. Youth Care Specialists are responsible for helping children accomplish day to day tasks, make progress toward their behavior treatment goals, and working alongside a clinical team of therapists and behavior specialists to ensure kids are progressing through our treatment program.
The ideal candidate for the position of Youth Care Specialist is someone who displays an intense passion for helping children and young adults reach their full potential. This person should bring a heightened level of empathy, kindness, and patience to their work. They should be excited at the opportunity to work with children, committed to regularly engaging and interacting with our clients (sharing in their interests, hobbies, sports, etc.), and passionate about being a positive role model for the children in our care.
This position requires candidates to have a valid driver’s license and transport children to and from activities.
This position requires candidates to sometimes work holidays and weekends are mandatory.
This position requires candidates to be available for first shifts (7 AM – 3 PM) and second shifts (3 PM – 11 PM). Although, we will consider applicants that can only work 3pm-11pm as long as they are able to attend the mandatory TCI training which is every few months from 9am-4pm.
· Bachelor’s in Social Services strongly preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in any other field with 2 years experience in a clinical mental health or human services facility
· High school diploma with 5 years experience in a clinical mental health or human services facility
· Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license & vehicle
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Experience working with children who have experience trauma in the form of neglect, abuse, sexual violence, etc.
· Ability to implement de-escalation trainings including physical restraint when necessary (training provided upon hire)
· Physical and emotional stamina to effectively handle job related issues and stress
Benefits & Pay:
- PTO (paid-time-off) accrual 3 weeks first year (full-time)
- 10 paid holidays
- Sick Leave accrual 12 days per year (full-time)
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K with company match
- Company paid life insurance, STD and LTD
- Supplemental life insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $21.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- This position requires flexible availability. You must be available to work some 7am-3pm shifts, some 3pm-11pm shifts, weekends and rotating holidays. We may consider applicants that can only work 3pm-11pm, but you must be available to attend the mandatory TCI training every few months that is 9am-4pm. THIS IS NOT A 7AM-3PM POSITION. Are you available to work some 7am-3pm shifts, some 3pm-11pm shifts, weekends and holidays? If not, please do not apply.
- This position requires transporting clients from time to time. You must have a clean driving record free of fines, suspensions, etc the last 3 years. Will you be able to meet this requirement?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- IL Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net