Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Springdale Water & they are Hiring Candidates for WWTF Laboratory Analyst
Company Name : Springdale Water
Company Location : Springdale, AR 72764
Job Position : WWTF Laboratory Analyst
Job Category : Jobs in Arkansas
Job Description :
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in science or a related field is required (equivalent experience or certification will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree)
Incumbents must be able to acquire, within one year of being eligible, a Class I Wastewater Operator’s License issued by the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality in order to remain employed in this position. Incumbents are expected to acquire within one year of being eligible to test, a Class III Wastewater Operator’s License from the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality, with a Class IV strongly recommended. The Utility’s compensation system is designed to motivate employees to contribute to the maximum of their ability by compensating based on their job performance and meeting licensing requirements. Inability to obtain proper licenses, within a year of being eligible to test, will result in a decrease of potential merit increases.
Must possess and maintain a valid Arkansas Driver’s License commensurate with work duties and be insurable by the carrier providing automotive insurance coverage to the Springdale Water and Sewer Commission.
1. JOB SUMMARY
This position is based at the Wastewater Treatment Facilitiesunder the supervision of the WWTF Laboratory Supervisor. It requires skilled analytical work involving sampling and laboratory analysis of samples for NPDES permit requirements, process control, and the Industrial Pretreatment Program, along with related duties as required. This position supports our Mission of providing safe, high quality drinking water to our patrons and to responsibly treat and dispose of wastewater generated by patrons and protect public health. This is a safety sensitive position.
This position may include work outside normal business hours including weekends and holidays.
2. GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the general duties and responsibilities of this position
· Perform chemical and biological analyses of municipal wastes, industrial effluents, treatment plant process, and the receiving stream. Perform bacteriological analyses of wastewater using aseptic technique.
· Follow USEPA approved methodology to satisfy operational and regulatory permit requirements. Follow Federal and State guidelines and provide required permit information. Make procedural modifications as necessary.
· Assist Laboratory Supervisor in maintaining a quality control program using a system of internal and external checks and controls as specified to assure the precision and accuracy of analyses.
· Analyze quality assurance samples as required as part of DMR-QA program compliance.
· Calculate analytical results and maintain necessary records. Perform instrument calibrations, chemical standardization and instrument maintenance as required.
· Troubleshoot laboratory equipment and processes when necessary. Make procedural modifications as necessary.
· Prepare chemical solutions and reagents necessary to perform laboratory analyses.
· Collect WWTF samples for compliance and process control monitoring as required.
· Collect industrial samples and perform laboratory analysis for compliance and surcharge monitoring for Industrial Pretreatment Program.
· Review and evaluate data, reports and other laboratory documents.
· Assist in inventory control of supplies and chemicals. Assist Laboratory Supervisor in preparing orders for chemicals, supplies, and laboratory equipment as necessary to perform analyses.
· Maintain and clean laboratory, equipment, and glassware to maintain a neat and orderly working environment and to assure quality performance and longevity of equipment.
· Wear all appropriate PPE as required
· Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
· Assist Laboratory Supervisor in the training of new personnel.
· Provide assistance to other divisions as needed.
3. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES TO MEET JOB REQUIREMENTS
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required to meet the job requirements:
· Understand and recognize the correlation between analytical results and plant operational performance. Notify Laboratory Supervisor or appropriate person(s) regarding questionable samples and/or results.
· Maintain a basic knowledge of chemistry, biology, laboratory techniques, practices, and procedures. Demonstrate good math skills.
· Ability to learn the principles, practices, materials, and procedures pertinent to advanced biological wastewater treatment.
· Maintain and demonstrate basic knowledge and practical use of computer systems, and analytical instrumentation. Maintain laboratory equipment and materials.
· Attend meetings, classes, and seminars to satisfy training and licensing
· Perform multiple functions simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrate the ability to work safely and efficiently.
· Demonstrate ability to understand and interpret verbal and written instructions, interpret data, and write clearly and comprehensibly.
· Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence.
· Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with fellow employees. Work well with the public, supervisors, and co-workers.
· Maintain a good attendance record.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
4. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist in the training of employees with less experience.
5. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Personnel at the Wastewater Treatment Facilities work at a site designed to optimize working and safety conditions. Applicants must demonstrate sufficient mobility to gain access to all sites, including different levels, and to maneuver across hazardous surfaces and walkways which can be slippery or contain open grates. Facilities personnel are expected to work outdoors in inclement weather and in several different environments within the facilities, often moving from indoors to outdoor work stations. Temperatures within the facilities vary between hot and cold, and some portions of the facilities require ventilation. Facilities conditions warrant extra precaution when working near high voltage switchgear and equipment; potential contact with a variety of combustible, corrosive and toxic chemicals and gases such as chlorine, sulfur dioxide, alum, polymers, methane, and oxygen; and working around raw sewage. Exposure to odors, dust, sludge, high noise levels, machinery vibrations, and other hazards are experienced daily.
Lab Environment: Work skills require standing for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard and laboratory equipment; reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally, bending at the waist and kneeling or crouching to retrieve lab sample; hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or on the telephone; and seeing to read various documents related to assigned activities. Good color perception is required in order to perform the many colorimetric tests involved in the laboratory. Laboratory conditions warrant extra precaution when working with chemicals and reagents, potential contact with a variety of hazardous chemicals. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds a limited number of times during the day. The noise level is usually moderately quiet.
Field Environment: Conduct external audits and inspections of various industrial facilities and collects samples and inspect operating conditions at the wastewater treatment facilities. This work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, in high, precarious places, and in outside weather conditions, and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level can be loud at times.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.01 – $33.02 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net