WIC Nutrition Coordinator job vacancy in RiverStone Health – Jobs in Montana
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in RiverStone Health & they are Hiring Candidates for WIC Nutrition Coordinator
Company Name : RiverStone Health
Company Location : Billings, MT 59101
Job Position : WIC Nutrition Coordinator
Job Category : Jobs in Montana
Job Description :
Working title: Program Manager 2
Classification title: Nutrition Coordinator
Reports to: Program Director
Division: Health Provision, Public Health Services
FLSA status: Exempt
Wage Range: $62,354 to $87,896 annually; depending on number of years of transferrable experience and internal equity
Serving the Yellowstone County community and south-central Montana for nearly 50 years, RiverStone Health is an essential provider of personal and public health services. Health, Education, Leadership and Protection – HELP is what we do. From medical, dental and behavioral healthcare; home care and hospice; public health services like immunizations, WIC, health promotion and restaurant inspections; and educating the next generation of health professionals, our expertise spans all ages and stages of life. Underlying principles of access, affordability, compassion and quality in all interactions, RiverStone Health improves life, health and safety for all of the communities we serve. Foremost, we are committed to the values of Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) by cultivating an environment that protects and acknowledges the unique identities within our diverse community.
Division and Program Overview:
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) aims to safeguard the health of low-income women, infants, and children up to age 5 by providing healthy foods, nutrition and breastfeeding education, and referrals to health and social services.
The Nutrition Coordinator manages nutrition services provided by the WIC program. This position provides coaching, mentoring and supervision of WIC Competent Professional Authorities (CPAs), while also practicing as a WIC CPA and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist providing direct nutrition services to higher risk WIC participants.
Essential Functions/Major Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Program Management 65%
- Direct activities of professional and technical staff members and volunteers.
- Provide direct service and support to individuals or clients, such conducting a needs evaluation, or resolving complaints.
- Evaluate the work of staff to ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations in community to meet community needs and to ensure that services are not duplicated.
- Analyze proposed legislation, regulations, or rule changes to determine how agency services could be impacted.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports, such as personnel records, or training manuals.
- Speak to community groups to explain and interpret agency purposes, programs, and policies.
B. WIC Services 30%
- Supervision of WIC CPAs including orientation, training, evaluations, and disciplinary action
- Works with Program Manager to interview and hire staff, practice programmatic quality improvement, and to engage in strategic planning
- Participate in development, implementation, and evaluation of the WIC Nutrition & Breastfeeding Plan
- Oversees food and formula prescriptions and coordinates with medical providers as appropriate
- Performs audits, and reviews practices, processes, and procedures to assess staff and program competency and compliance
- Prepares and delivers nutrition education presentations to community partners
- Provides WIC CPAs with appropriate education and tools to enhance the CPA scope of practice in nutrition and health education
- Functions as a WIC CPA and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist providing direct WIC program services and quality nutritional services for high risk WIC participants
- Coordinate with other health care providers through referrals and consultations
Non-Essential Functions/Other duties as assigned 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the RiverStone’s mission and goals.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) license
- Supervisory experience in related field or equivalent background
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Curent professional license in State of Montana
- Valid State of Montana Driver’s License in good standing
- Required to obtain on the job training in ICS 100, 200, 700, 300 and 400.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Manager’s skill levels must align with priority Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals’ appropriate for the management level.
- Analytical/Assessment Skills
- Policy Development/Program Planning Skills
- Communication Skills
- Cultural Competency Skills
- Community Dimensions of Practice Skills
- Public Health Sciences Skills
- Financial Planning and Management Skills
- Leadership and Systems Thinking Skills
Customer Service Excellence:
- Doing things right the first time
- Making people feel welcome
- Showing respect for each customer
- Anticipating customer needs and concerns
- Keeping customers informed
- Helping and going the extra mile
- Responding quickly
- Protecting privacy and confidentiality
- Demonstrating proper telephone etiquette
- Taking responsibility for handling complaints
- Being professional
- Taking ownership of your attitude toward Service Excellence.
- Number FTE Directly Supervised: 5
- Titles of Direct Reports: Registered Dietitian Nutritionists, CPAs
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Standing, bending, sitting, lifting required
- Travel to off site WIC clinics as needed
- Extended periods of computer work
- Create and maintain a safe/secure working environment by adhering to safety, security, and health requirements. Integrates injury, illness, and loss prevention into job activities by attending any necessary training and implementing best practices.
Freedom to Act & Decision Making:
- Responsible for WIC Registered Dietitian Nutritionists and CPAs
Communications & Networking:
- Written and verbal communication with clients, community members, health care providers
Budget & Resource Management:
- Bachelors or better in Dietetics or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Registered Dietitian
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $62,354.00 – $87,896.00 per year
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net