Technical Laboratory Assistant job vacancy in Santiam Hospital & Clinics – Jobs in Oregon
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Santiam Hospital & Clinics & they are Hiring Candidates for Technical Laboratory Assistant
Company Name : Santiam Hospital & Clinics
Company Location : Stayton, OR 97383
Job Position : Technical Laboratory Assistant
Job Category : Jobs in Oregon
Job Description :
The Technical Laboratory Assistantis a professional who has values and beliefs that are consistent with those of Santiam Hospital.
Functions Specific to Role as Technical Laboratory Assistant
Under appropriate supervision, perform waived laboratory testing according to internal and external standards, requirements, and policy, including regulations established through the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act of 1988.
Review accuracy and evaluate reliability of testing results.
According to Hospital policy, notify proper parties of critical testing results.
Respond tactfully and appropriately to evaluation that results from Service quality control and Performance Improvement activity, applying conclusions of such evaluation to improve personal performance.
Properly maintain and troubleshoot equipment used to execute functions of position, and adequately document such maintenance and troubleshooting.
Maintain a clean and efficient work area through adherence to internal and external protocols and standards, including those that pertain to safe management of biohazardous materials.
Monitor inventory of supplies used to execute functions of position, and properly notify designated staff when such supply requires restock.
If applicable, perform venipuncture according to internal and external standards and policy.
Perform other duties assigned by Laboratory Director.
- knowledge of principles that relate to the position
- aptitude in verbal and written communication, including ability to communicate with persons in all age groups
- possession of documentation that confirms training for laboratory services provided
- certification and experience in phlebotomy (desirable, but not required)
- possession of United States proof of citizenship or right to work in the United States
- possession of a driver license or analogous identification
- willingness to participate in Hospital orientation and educational in-service
- ability to cope with emotional stress and with persons who are under stress
- ability to perform moderately demanding physical tasks, including walking, sitting, standing, lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, crawling, kneeling, climbing, and driving
- ability to lift loads of up to fifty pounds
- ability, with assistance from coworkers, to lift, transfer, or reposition an adult person
- ability to perform fine motor skills, including grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation
- ability to use feet to operate machinery
- ability to clearly hear telephone conversation, verbal conversation, and alarm activation
- possession of visual acuity and color perception adequate to read equipment gauges and dials, perceive changes in patient skin color, and perform other job-related tasks
- ability to tolerate exposure to fumes, offensive odors, and high noise levels
- ability to handle potentially hazardous material, including blood, bodily secretions, electrical equipment, hazardous chemicals, explosives, and infectious materials
- ability to distinguish between extremes of temperature
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance with coverage effective on the 1st of the next month following start date.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts at the Cafeteria, On-site Pharmacy, Gift Shop, and Medical Care.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Annual PTO Cash-Out Program
- Hospital Incentive Program
- Bilingual Pay Differential Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is a drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.55 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net