Systems Administrator I job vacancy in University of Utah – Jobs in Utah
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in University of Utah & they are Hiring Candidates for Systems Administrator I
Company Name : University of Utah
Company Location : Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Job Position : Systems Administrator I
Job Category : Jobs in Utah
Job Description :
Currently, this position is a hybrid position with approximately 50% onsite and 50% remote work.
6. Create and maintain user guides and tip-sheets for end-users. Maintain related information log.
10. Perform regular audits on hardware, software, licenses, and users.
12. Audit and evaluate systems for efficiency and improvements. Diagnose issues with hardware and software systems. Report on findings and be involved in creating action towards a solution.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Continuously: Office environment.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency with at least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server
- Working knowledge of managing groups and users within Active Directory
- Ability to write scripts using programming language (VB, JS, Python, C#)
- Working knowledge of PowerShell
- Professional IT Certification (A+, CCNA, MCSA, Server+, etc.)
- Basic SQL Knowledge
- Ability to build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions
- Ability to anticipate and adopt innovations in business – experience building/implementing digital and technology applications.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Readily acts in the face of challenges; organizes efforts and follows through on efforts effectively
The University of Utah values candidates who have experience working in settings with students from diverse backgrounds and possess a strong commitment to improving access to higher education for historically underrepresented students.
Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or protected veteran’s status. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the education program or activity that it operates, as required by Title IX and 34 CFR part 106. The requirement not to discriminate in education programs or activities extends to admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its regulations may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, or both.
To request a reasonable accommodation for a disability or if you or someone you know has experienced discrimination or sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, you may contact the Director/Title IX Coordinator in the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action:
Director/ Title IX Coordinator
Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (OEO/AA)
135 Park Building
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Online reports may be submitted at oeo.utah.edu
To inquire about this posting, email: [email protected] or call 801-581-2300.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net