Systems Administrator I job vacancy in QuikTrip – Jobs in Oklahoma
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in QuikTrip & they are Hiring Candidates for Systems Administrator I
Company Name : QuikTrip
Company Location : Tulsa, OK 74134
Job Position : Systems Administrator I
Job Category : Jobs in Oklahoma
Job Description :
The QuikTrip Information Technology department is now accepting applications for a Systems Administrator I to work in the Corporate Office in Tulsa, OK.
This position is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values. Technologies will include but not limited to VMware, Microsoft OS, SharePoint, Active Directory, IIS, Commvault, Systems Center and other third-party systems. This position will report to the Systems Infrastructure Support Lead.
The requirements for this position include:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of experience with systems design/administration.
- Through understanding of network and server concepts including security, active directory, virtualization, and server operating systems.
- Experience troubleshooting computer hardware/software related problems.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Skills include day-to-day server & systems administration and the management of Active Directory to ensure performance and high availability of systems and services. Diagnostic/troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, PC and server hardware.
- Must have strong oral communication skills.
- Must be able to take the initiative and to work with minimal supervision.
The hours for this position are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. but may vary according to projects and deadlines. The minimum starting salary for this position can be up to $72,500-$90,600 per year, depending on related experience and qualifications.
More Job Description Details:
A. Primary Purpose of Job: The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values. Technologies will include but not limited to VMware, Microsoft OS, SharePoint, Active Directory, IIS, Commvault, Systems Center and other third party systems.
B. The major functions for this position:
1. Systems Administration
- a. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- b. Contribute to and maintain standards.
- c. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- d. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- e. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- f. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
2. Problem Management
- a. Provide second level support, analysis, documented resolutions for server and systems issues.
3. Participate in Projects
- a. With minimal supervision, work with project teams (all levels of QT management and developers), determine needs and make technical recommendations to insure correct server and storage options are designed and installed.
- a. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- b. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted customers.
C. Position in Organization:
- Reports to: Systems Infrastructure Support Lead
- Directly supervises: N/A.
- Indirectly supervises: Client Technology Support Specialist, Store Technology Support Specialist, Vendors, Operators, and Application Developers during implementation of systems.
- Inside the Company: All Information Technology personnel and high percentage of other department personnel.
- Outside the Company: Staff from third party companies both locally and nationally. Various hardware and software vendors and suppliers.
E. Position Specifications: The required specifications (education, experience, and skills) are those that the employee must have to hold the position. Applicants applying for this position must possess the required specifications in order to be considered for the job. The desiredspecifications are those that are not required for the employee to hold the position but the employee should try to obtain the desired education, experience, and/or skills to be effective and successful in the position.
- 1. Required education: High school graduate or equivalent.
- 2. Desired education: 4 year College degree in a technology related field.
- 3. Required experience: 1-3 years of experience with systems design/administration. Through understanding of network and server concepts including security, active directory, virtualization, and server operating systems. Experience troubleshooting computer hardware/software related problems.
- 4. Desired experience: VMware, Storage Area Network (SAN), Citrix, IBM AS/400 Microsoft SQL Server, Commvault Simpana, and UNIX.
- 5. Required skills: Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems. Skills include day-to-day server & systems administration and the management of Active Directory to ensure performance and high-availability of systems and services. Diagnostic/troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Knowledge of MS Office Suite, PC and server hardware. Must have strong oral communication skills. Must be able to take the initiative and to work with minimal supervision.
- 6. Desired skills: Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions. Ability to work with junior personnel during projects and in day-to-day operations. Must be able to take the initiative and to work without direct supervision.
F. Please list any additional criteria that should be recognized in evaluating the scope and impact of this position: Position will require shift work while working in the Systems Infrastructure Operations team. This position requires on call 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Must have knowledge of many areas and be able to switch between them rapidly. Must be able to work under pressure and provide guidance to Information Technology users during crisis modes.
This position requires the employee to be available by phone and/or email and/or have accessibility to calendar, contacts and data while out of the office.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,500.00 – $90,600.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 3 years
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tulsa, OK 74134: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- VMWare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Linux: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net