Site Coordinator I- Humboldt County, NV job vacancy in Communities In Schools Nevada – Jobs in Nevada
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Communities In Schools Nevada & they are Hiring Candidates for Site Coordinator I- Humboldt County, NV
Company Name : Communities In Schools Nevada
Company Location : Elko, NV 89801
Job Position : Site Coordinator I- Humboldt County, NV
Job Category : Jobs in Nevada
Job Description :
IT TAKES A COMMUNITY.
Our Story, Our Mission
Since its founding in 2004, Communities In Schools of Nevada has been driven by the belief that every child has unlimited potential but may not have access to equal opportunities to succeed. Our three regional affiliates work across four rural and urban school districts to provide 75,000 Nevada students at 75 high poverty schools a one-on-one relationship with a caring adult and a safe place to learn and grow to break down whatever barriers may exist in their lives.
With more than 100 community partners, we coordinate resources and services — literally bringing Community into our Schools — to do whatever it takes in supporting the students we serve. CIS of Nevada is one of 26 state offices in a national network with more than 40 years of experience implementing our evidence-based solution for 1.6 million students.
In 2020, CIS of Nevada celebrated a K-12 promotion rate of 98% and our statewide high school graduation rate of 90%.
Responsible for leading or co-leading a school site team in the implementation of the CIS Model at a comprehensive CIS of Nevada site. Serve as a liaison between the CIS of Nevada comprehensive site school leadership team and the CIS of Nevada leadership team. Responsible for developing, planning, implementing and supervising the tasks associated with the annual School Support Plan to include Tier I, Tier II and Tier III services. Work closely with school staff, parents/families, community agencies and students to assure coordination of services for the benefit of the students and their families. Perform any and all reasonable and work-related duties assigned by CIS of Nevada Leadership.
- *Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess the current campus needs with administration, teachers, school staff, parents/guardians and students, and coordinate community resources where possible to provide the needed services.
- Evaluate special campus/student problems and coordinate resources to meet the needs.
- Plan and implement special events and guest speakers for students with pre-approved programs when part of the CIS School Support Plan or CIS Academy class.
- Plan parental involvement activities and engage parents when part of the CIS School Support Plan or CIS Academy class.
- Assist CIS of Nevada Leadership in collaborating with community agencies and fostering new community resources.
- Collaborate with school staff to provide or broker appropriate services to address attendance, behavioral, course performance, and physical or social services for students in need and ensure compliance with school district policies and procedures.
- Recruit and enroll in Tier II and Tier III integrated student support services with consent of Parent/Guardian through a signed Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
- Coordinate and complete an individual Student Support Plan for all Tier II and Tier III case managed students.
- Supervise attendance, behavior, and/or course performance goals for each student.
- Complete all forms and documentation according to program guidelines and timelines.
- Provide and document all services per program requirements.
- Keep all documentation current, which is within 30 calendar days of the service delivery.
- Access and coordinate community health and human service agencies for services delivered for the benefit of CIS of Nevada students and their families.
- Enroll students for Tier II and Tier III integrated student support services sufficient to meet required program caseload requirements as set by CIS National TQS and CIS of Nevada guidelines.
Documentation & Reporting
- Complete case management documentation in the required format, within established timelines.
- Complete monthly reports in the required format, within required timelines.
- Complete required correspondence and communication, including telephone and e-mail correspondence.
- Respond to and complete special reports as required by CIS of Nevada Leadership.
- Report to CIS of Nevada Leadership issues affecting school relationships and emergency information.
- Complete enrollment of all new students into the data entry system as required.
- Enter service data for all CIS of Nevada students in the data entry system, within 30 days of the service delivery.
- Proactively report all problems with the data entry system to the CIS of Nevada Data Manager, immediately.
- Enter all progress data quarterly and end of year data as required.
- Promote cooperation between school staff, administration and the CIS of Nevada team, whenever possible.
- Collaborate with school staff in order to integrate the CIS of Nevada Tier I, Tier II and Tier III services, and keep informed about pertinent activities occurring at the school and in the community.
- Provide desired feedback to the school and agency personnel.
- Network with school staff to create and maintain positive image of the CIS of Nevada.
- Communicate regularly with the school administration and staff.
Meetings, Training, and Professional Development
- Attend all CIS of Nevada Site Coordinator meetings.
- Participate in CIS of Nevada personal and professional development trainings.
- Complete SCLP certification through CIS University within required timeline.
*Qualifications and Competencies
Qualifications include: *
- Experience working with at-risk youth and case management preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills, along with computer and data base skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the health and human services (or a closely related) field.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug testing required.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English desirable.
Work* Environment &* *Physical Demands
Ability to sit, use hands and fingers, talk or hear continually. Ability to stand, walk, reach, push, pull regularly and for extended periods of time. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch regularly. (Site Coordinators frequently move throughout the school campus, so they must be able to maneuver the school campus (stairs, hills, ramps) as well as lift, push, pull, etc. efficiently and on a regular basis. They will often transport items from one site of the campus to the other
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine. Distance vision required to drive an automobile, if driving is a requirement of the job.
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Site Coordinators will be outside on duty or walking from place to place on the campus or during events, so they are exposed to outdoor conditions.
- Moderate noise levels as found in a business office and classroom setting.
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad-based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities for the position. CISN reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is CISN policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on CISN. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to the Director of Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.91 per hour
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net