Shipping Manager job vacancy in Farbest Foods Inc. – Jobs in Indiana
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Farbest Foods Inc. & they are Hiring Candidates for Shipping Manager
Company Name : Farbest Foods Inc.
Company Location : Huntingburg, IN 47542
Job Position : Shipping Manager
Job Category : Jobs in Indiana
Job Description :
WORK FOR THE BEST!
Steady employment! Affordable benefits!
Farbest puts our people FIRST! We believe our people are our most valuable asset. We strive to continuously improve the lives and environment of all of our employees. If this sounds attractive to you we would love to hear from you!
Farbest Foods is looking for an energetic, team player to fill our Shipping/Traffic Manager position. Farbest Foods is one of the largest turkey companies in the United States and a respected leader in the industry.
Position Summary: Responsible for leading and transforming the Shipping and Traffic operations across a two-shift operation, as well as managing the day-to-day operations of the Distribution Center and serving as a liaison between Operations, Sales, Accounting, and carriers. Reports to the Huntingburg General Manager.
- The Distribution Center Shipping Traffic Manager will perform tasks including, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining and developing safety strategies to keep Distribution Center employees injury-free
- Maintaining and developing a highly efficient and effective team that supports one another while meeting the demands of daily customer expectations
- Overseeing daily staffing and hour-to-hour management of the distribution center
- Controlling and managing Distribution Center inventory
- Developing and owning processes tied to daily and monthly cost management that include carrier rates, fuel surcharge, detention, and carrier/route selection
- Maintaining and developing strong relationships with carrier group, growing asset-based carriers
- Cultivating the overall shipping strategy for the Huntingburg facility that includes detail for best in class safety, quality, delivery, and cost
- Using proficiently the Farbest Logistics Analyzer to make informed strategic decisions on various aspects of freight and cost
- Understanding of the business (Operations, Sales, Accounting, and carriers) to make informed day-to-day decisions regarding each discipline
- Answering after-hour calls to resolve second shift or carrier concerns
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- The ideal candidate would possess the following prior to hire:
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, engineering, or supply chain
- Preferred 5+ years of experience in shipping/distribution
- Proven track record of carrier and shipping management results
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to support strategies
- Knowledge of all positions within the Distribution Center to best lead the team to success
- Willingness to fill in if needed
- Strong problem-solving and strategic planning skills
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced and evolving daily delivery schedule where customer focus is core to running the business
- Knowledge of USDA requirements linked to shipping product
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net