Shipping and Receiving Associate job vacancy in ESP International – Jobs in Iowa
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in ESP International & they are Hiring Candidates for Shipping and Receiving Associate
Company Name : ESP International
Company Location : Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Job Position : Shipping and Receiving Associate
Job Category : Jobs in Iowa
Job Description :
The Warehouse supports the sales effort by receiving, managing, and shipping materials for the production and shipping of internal and external customer orders. The role also strives to meet efficiency, accuracy, and on-time delivery goals. They will assist with inventory placement and provide input into the warehousing process in an effort to continuously improve company performance.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
Shipping, Receiving, & Material Handling
- Follows warehouse processes and procedures
- Loads and unloads materials and goods from incoming and outgoing trucks
- Provides direction to Material Handler on the movement and storage of materials in the most efficient and effective manner to optimize warehouse space; material handles as needed
- Verifies goods received against bills of loading, purchase orders, etc, and records quantity into operating system; completes required receiving records
- Performs quality checks and dock audits to product specifications per print, product counts and product identification
- Monitor quality requirements and report defective materials or questionable conditions to production leaders. May participate in the determination of root cause and solution.
- Records required shipment data per customer’s requirements and ESP procedures
- Utilizes hand and power trucks, forklift, hoists, conveyors and other powered material handling equipment within the facility
- Manages production order completion process
Maintains Inventory Controls
- Becomes knowledgeable about inventory flow as related to ESP processes and procedures, the Prophet 21 computer system and the Latitude Warehouse Management System
- Ensures the proper identification of inventory stock according to warehouse procedures
- Performs and completes cycle count procedures on a timely basis to ensure accurately reported inventory amounts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to accomplish each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Licenses/Certifications and Work Experience
High school diploma or equivalent degree (GED), 1 year of related warehouse or inventory management experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as budgets, engineering drawings, and procedure manuals.
- Mathmatical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to interpret graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to display high level reasoning skills in order to solve multiple, complex situations.
- Technical Skills: Have the ability to operate a computer, Microsoft Office, PC equipment, warehouse-related software and labeling machines. Able to operate or train in the use of standup and sit down forklifts.
- Other Critical Competencies:
- Dependability: Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Productivity: manage a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, handles information flow.
- Quality: monitor quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems
- Work Environment/Safety: keeps workplace clean and safe, supports safety programs, always mindful of their safety and the safety of others around them
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderately loud.
The physical demands described below are representative of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform as required.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand for extended periods of time, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or reach
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move same materials weighing 75 pounds
- Use close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The employee must be willing to work in a fast paced, high stressed environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.75 – $19.25 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net