Restoration Designer (Water Resources Engineer) job vacancy in Resource Environmental Solutions, LLC – Jobs in Virginia
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Resource Environmental Solutions, LLC & they are Hiring Candidates for Restoration Designer (Water Resources Engineer)
Company Name : Resource Environmental Solutions, LLC
Company Location : Richmond, VA 23230
Job Position : Restoration Designer (Water Resources Engineer)
Job Category : Jobs in Virginia
Job Description :
RES is currently accepting applications for a Stream Restoration Designer (Water Resources Engineer) with 2-5yrs experience in its Warrenton, VA office to join a growing, multi-disciplinary team of restoration designers and water resource engineers currently working on some of the nation’s largest rivers, streams, and wetland restoration projects.
You will have the opportunity to work on projects you design through the entire project’s life cycle. Our designers/engineers are involved from the initial concept through construction and long-term monitoring allowing our team to conduct adaptive management and apply innovative techniques to future restoration projects.
What your day-to-day might look like?
50% of your time, you will be designing! The projects we want you to focus on are related to stream restoration, wetland restoration and hydraulic and hydrology investigation. You will be required to develop and interpret natural resource plans, stream and/or wetland restoration plans, erosion and sediment control plans, and as-built plans under the support of senior staff.
You will develop design metrics and parameters into a 3-dimensional design with the Autodesk Civil 3D environment, provide engineering evaluations and calculations, review the design and plans for quality assurance, develop design reports, and develop and deliver floodplain analyses. These deliverables are expected to be performed in a detailed, clear, and concise manner, so be ready to shine with your communication skills during the interview! You will be juggling several projects at the same time so superior attention to detail and ability to prioritize are paramount.
40% of the time, you will lead the projects. You will be coordinating with the local design and implementation teams, collaborating with scientists, land acquisition specialists, regulatory experts and senior design/engineering staff. You will lead collection and analysis of field data to establish existing conditions and identify potential design constraints. You will also be the main point of contact for construction oversight as needed during project implementation. This involves travel to job sites and occasional overnight stays!
Around 10% of your time will consist of Fieldwork, where you will be leading the geomorphic and ecological site assessments, fulfilling mitigation crediting field protocols, and applied fluvial geomorphic/hydraulic surveys. You will be also visiting our project sites to lead construction oversight and support post-construction monitoring.
We would love to talk to you if you have many of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 to 5+ years’ experience in a natural resources design field (such as but not limited to: landscape architecture, civil engineering, environmental engineering, biological systems engineering, agricultural engineering, or water resources engineering)
- AutoCAD Civil 3D, GIS, HEC-RAS or other hydrologic and hydraulic software
- Knowledge of field survey and data collection techniques
- Knowledge of fluvial geomorphology
What will make you stand out?
- Understanding of the use of regional regressions, regional curves, and reference data in stream restoration design
- Ability to evaluate design discharge, channel cross-section, profile, and planform using a variety of methods
- Ability to read and interpret ecological restoration construction plans
- Ability to interpret results from H&H models
- Current industry-related registration or the ability to obtain registration upon employment
- Familiarity with Clean Water Act, local, state, and federal environmental regulations and permitting processes.
Come join our team!
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
RES is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net