Residential Construction Superintendent job vacancy in Classic Homes of Maryland – Jobs in Maryland
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Classic Homes of Maryland & they are Hiring Candidates for Residential Construction Superintendent
Company Name : Classic Homes of Maryland
Company Location : North Bethesda, MD
Job Position : Residential Construction Superintendent
Job Category : Jobs in Maryland
Job Description :
Expand your career building beautiful on-your-lot custom homes throughout Montgomery and Howard county, as well as parts of Frederick, Prince George’s and Anne Arundel counties. Classic Homes of Maryland is an award-winning family-owned business with over 35 years of experience.
Responsibilities of a Superintendent
The following responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that projects are completed on schedule, according to contractual conditions, within budget, compliance with County codes and with adherence to high standards of quality construction.
- Coordinate all sub-contractors, inspections, etc.
- Ensure that materials are available for each workday
- Responsible for completion of assigned tasks to the subcontractors
- Responsible to organize work crews for maximum efficiency of workers and material
- Ensure Affiliate Safety Program is being adhered to at all times
- Maintain safe working conditions.
- Maintain good group relations during construction.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with OSHA.
- Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing codes.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Establish and maintain high staff morale, model sound leadership, and teamwork.
- Be an advocate for homeowners and facilitate the availability of services and materials.
- Schedule delivery of needed materials and labor requests.
- Troubleshoot and identify construction problems; offer timely and safe solutions.
- Ensure the project proceeds in a timely manner.
- Manage materials inventory for each project. Ensure unused materials are accounted for and unused materials are reported to the Senior Production Manager and V.P. Construction Manager and sent back for credit.
- Complete necessary reports and meet at least weekly with Senior Production Manager to discuss construction progress.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
The Superintendent will be required to maintain numerous skills, including but not limited to:
- A positive attitude and willingness to equip and encourage co-workers.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Established credibility and integrity.
- Familiarity with LEED certification
- Experience in supervising construction projects.
- The ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary.
- The willingness to accept other job responsibilities as needed.
- Addresses concerns of neighbors related to the construction process.
- Excellent understanding of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, foundations, carpentry, and masonry work.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, and construction documents.
- Understanding of proper safety procedures and recognition of hazards.
- Ability to critically look at craftsmanship.
- Ability to mediate disputes using the win-win philosophy.
- Ability to organize time, material, and labor.
- The ability to multitask.
- The ability to supervise numerous crews handling a variety of tasks.
- Excellent communication ability.
- A minimum of 10 years of residential construction supervision experience.
- Previous experience in custom home building is a plus.
- The ability to identify issues, multi-task and communicate effectively are essential to succeed in this position.
- 3-weeks paid time-off
- Health insurance
- House completion and year-end bonuses
- Truck allowance and cellphone reimbursement
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Please submit resume and salary requirements to apply.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Residential Construction: 10 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net