PSAI09-2021-01416-Law Enforcement Academy Instructor-Douglas job vacancy in State of Wyoming – Jobs in Wyoming
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in State of Wyoming & they are Hiring Candidates for PSAI09-2021-01416-Law Enforcement Academy Instructor-Douglas
Company Name : State of Wyoming
Company Location : Douglas, WY
Job Position : PSAI09-2021-01416-Law Enforcement Academy Instructor-Douglas
Job Category : Jobs in Wyoming
Job Description :
Open Until Filled
Join the professional team of Staff Instructors at the Wyoming Law Enforcement Academy, which consists of six (6) full-time instructors. Staff Instructors are State of Wyoming certified law enforcement officers. Perform a variety of tasks instructing, implementing, and managing general law enforcement topics, including formal classroom assignments and practical exercise in one or more of the following areas: Custody & Control, Emergency Vehicle Operations, Firearms, Physical Training, Use of Force, Patrol Exercises, and others as assigned.
Human Resource Contact:
Tara Gross (307) 777-7893
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Initiate and review present course offerings.
- Control and monitor student progress and activities, including formal evaluations.
- Assist the training supervisor with specific training needs.
- Meet with agency representatives to discuss training requirements and schedule training/classes.
- Prepare lesson plans and explain training programs to agency representatives.
- Make recommendations for change in specific areas of expertise (Firearms, Emergency Vehicle Operations, Physical Training, Applied Patrol Exercises, Use of Force) and others as assigned.
- Implement approved course curriculum changes.
- Coordinate and schedule the delivery of training programs in areas of specialty.
- Identify and establish learning objectives and instruct law enforcement personnel at the Academy and regional training programs.
- Utilize appropriate methods and materials to accomplish training objectives.
- Identify/validate the credibility of and schedule guest instructors.
- Responsible for the development of test instruments, both practical and written, in specific areas of expertise.
- Write evaluations on students, guest instructors, and course content based on students’ observation, instructor performance, and written critiques.
- Supervise students during class and after hours.
- Handle disciplinary infractions by direct action or referral.
- Make budget-related recommendations and monitor program-related expenditures.
- Responsible for the State and Agency inventory of supplies and equipment in specified areas.
- Update and revise existing lesson plans.
- Research and develop new lesson plans by analyzing and utilizing available resource materials in addition to professional experience.
- Preview audiovisual materials, read publications, and attend training courses to enhance professional skills and instructional techniques.
- Maintain and direct the distribution and recovery of student training materials and inventory.
Preference may be given to applicants who are Wyoming Law Enforcement Academy certified Custody & Control Instructors.
Preference may be given to candidates with a degree in police science/criminal justice plus six years as a law enforcement officer, including four years with responsibility for classroom training or on-the-job instruction.
Preference may be given to applicants who are currently POST Instructor certified.
Preference may be given to applicants who are Peace and/or Detention Officer certifiable.
- Knowledge of Federal and Wyoming statutes applicable to law enforcement training methods, techniques, and practices.
- Knowledge of effective techniques of instruction in adult learning principles.
- Knowledge of the division’s mission, goals, and policies, and procedures.
- Subject matter expert in one or more law enforcement topics.
- Knowledge of the agency budget process.
- Skill in instructional techniques, research, and development.
- Skill in the use of law enforcement equipment necessary to perform the functions of the position.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in training, lesson plans, and visual aid preparation.
- Skill in interpersonal communications.
- Skill in organization, planning, and time management.
- Skill in police procedures and tactics to include motor vehicles and physical motor skills to demonstrate and actively participate in physical skills such as fitness, custody control, and firearms instruction.
- Skill in effectively passing on knowledge and skills which are required.
- Skill in performing consistently and effectively under pressure.
- Skill in working with students who have varying abilities and experiences.
- Skill in organizing and managing time and resources.
- Skill in consistently and accurately evaluating programs and personnel/students.
- Skill in working with common office technology, computers, and communications systems.
- Skill in the use and understanding of Custody & Control.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to drive and travel throughout the state
- Prolonged standing while teaching
- FLSA: Exempt
- Agency requires that employees successfully pass an annual competency test to use force, quarterly competency test for firearms, and semi-annual physical fitness test.
- Agency requires that employees have the ability to obtain and maintain a Class C Wyoming driver’s license, as statewide travel is required.
- Successful applicants must pass a background investigation before an offer is made.
015-Attorney General – Wyoming Law Enforcement Academy – Basic Training
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
There are many benefits to living and working in Wyoming. Beautiful country with wide-open spaces and clean air, great recreational opportunities, and no State income tax to mention a few! In addition, the State of Wyoming offers State employees a very generous benefits package. Please click here for more information on the State of Wyoming employee benefits*.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net