Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Dow & they are Hiring Candidates for Production Operator
Company Name : Dow
Company Location : Elizabethtown, KY
Job Position : Production Operator
Job Category : Jobs in Kentucky
Job Description :
- Employing 36,500 individuals
- Across 109 manufacturing sites
- In over 31 countries
a priority—because sharing our perspectives and building on each other’s ideas will drive innovation. Could you imagine yourself in a place like this?
A Production operator at the Elizabethtown plant is expected to operate batch mixers, continuous compounding units, packaging lines, and/or powered industrial trucks. The production operator is expected to produce quality material while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and safety focus on their daily work. Future opportunities could include operating assigned equipment to ensure safe, quality, and efficient operation of the entire plant. This includes transferring and loading packaged goods onto dry van trailers, unloading raw materials from tanker trucks and operating yard trucks to move empty/full trailers and tankers.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Operation of batch mixing equipment, continuous compounding units, packaging lines
- Assist or fully operate pail/drum filling operations
- Follow procedures and practices to ensure a safe and efficient operation
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Performs adjustment and minor repairs to equipment. Assist mechanics, electricians, and other building personnel with trouble shooting and repair.
- Participate in and write Safe Work Permits
- Follow Lock Out/Tag Out and Return to Operation (RTO) procedures
- Operates/interfaces with and has a general understanding of computer controlled equipment and processes.
- Communicate effectively across a diverse work group and across shifts through the use of email and computer based applications
- Hose changes, static mixer changes, flushing procedures, bulk changes, and all associated SAP (computer) transactions necessary to complete one order and move to the next.
- Fills out run sheets and other required documents completely and accurately per ISO standards
- Responsible for assuring that color and quality of material in the package meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations
- Maintaining a clean and orderly workspace.
- General housekeeping duties.
- Help create new procedures
- Maintain regular attendance and be able to work various shifts and overtime as required
- Perform basic troubleshooting tasks for process upsets.
- Perceive, identify, and respond to alarms
- Using hand, power, and pneumatic tools.
- May work outdoors and in inclement weather.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent AND one of the following:
- Associates degree or higher in Process Technology, or similar degree.
- 4 or more years of experience in an Operations, Maintenance, Site Logistics, Quality, or Security role within a manufacturing environment OR
- 4 or more years of Military training/experience
- Able to work overtime as needed.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Lift, push, and pull.
- Frequent bending, reaching, and lifting
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Work at heights, climb stairs and ladders.
- Work in tight and closed in spaces.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment, including but not limited to respirator.
- Work in an area of intense or continuous noise.
- Work in an area with hazardous materials
- Able to work in all types of weather, including heat, cold, and rain.
- Using hands to reach, grab, hold, etc.
- Use foot controls
- Do repetitive movements
- Previous experience working in a Chemical Manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience as a Production Operator.
- Previous experience in a Maintenance role.
- Forklift experience.
- Mechanical inclined.
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing technical equipment.
- Ability to communicate to team via e-mail, as well as face-to-face individually and in team settings.
- Data entry skills (basic computer skills).
- Proficient computer skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and SAP.
- Self-motivated with a desire for career growth.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Time management.
- Work in a team environment to meet team/site goals.
- Strong work ethic.
- Have a high regard for personal safety and the safety of others, with a proven history of addressing safety concerns and issues.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net