PHARMACY TECH job vacancy in Southeastern Ohio Regional Medical Center – Jobs in Ohio
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Southeastern Ohio Regional Medical Center & they are Hiring Candidates for PHARMACY TECH
Company Name : Southeastern Ohio Regional Medical Center
Company Location : Cambridge, OH 43725
Job Position : PHARMACY TECH
Job Category : Jobs in Ohio
Job Description :
Under the overall supervision of the Director of Pharmacy, Pharmacy Supervisor, and Staff Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician I is responsible for performing technical and clerical duties essential for the efficient operation of the pharmacy department. Typical duties include, under the supervision of a pharmacist: restocking medications in automated dispensing machines, preparing unit-dose cartfill medications, delivering medications to patient care units, compounding sterile and nonsterile preparations, repackaging medications in unit-dose form, managing medication inventory, performing medication area inspections, and managing expired inventory.
- Pharmacy Operations: Communicates with pharmacists, prescribers, nursing staff, other pharmacy technicians, patients, and other facility associates to ensure the delivery of high-quality patient care. Appropriately initiates billing functions such as debiting and crediting. Provides guidance and training to new pharmacy staff as needed. Performs nursing unit and medication storage audits assigned by pharmacy supervisor.
- Medication handling: Fills and delivers medications in a timely and efficient manner. Prepares sterile products following all necessary regulations and precautions including USP <797>. Repackages pharmaceuticals as needed. Manages department and unit inventory by anticipating medication needs, placing medication orders, and managing outdated medications. Automated dispensing machine activities include restocking, new loads, expiration date checking, inventory management, and troubleshooting as required.Fills and delivers medication and physician orders in a timely and efficent manner.
- Manages hazardous medications according to USP <800> requirements and the facility’s hazardous drug risk assessment. May occasionally compound hazardous drugs, including chemotherapy, according to facility policy.
- Documents product lot and expiration when required and batch compounding data.
- Performs additional duties as required by the Director of Pharmacy and Pharmacy Supervisor.
- Assumes all other duties and responsibilities, as necessary.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Certification as a National or State of Ohio Pharmacy Technician through the National Healthcareer Association and/or the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board required. Licensed as a Certified Pharmacy Technician with the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy. Consideration will be given to individuals who can obtain licensure as a Pharmacy Technician Trainee or Registered Pharmacy Technician prior to hire date, contingent upon obtaining certification within six months of hire date. The duties of a Pharmacy Technician Trainee or Registered Pharmacy Technician will be limited from the full duties in this “Job Summary” according to state law. Completion of a background check as required by the Ohio Board of Pharmacy and facility policy.
Previous experience in retail or hospital pharmacy is strongly preferred
Location: Southeastern Ohio Regional Medical Center · PHARMACY EXP
Schedule: Full Time, Dayshift
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net