Orientation and Mobility Specialist job vacancy in State of Delaware – Jobs in Delaware
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in State of Delaware & they are Hiring Candidates for Orientation and Mobility Specialist
Company Name : State of Delaware
Company Location : New Castle, DE 19720
Job Position : Orientation and Mobility Specialist
Job Category : Jobs in Delaware
Job Description :
Make a Difference with DHSS
Our mission at the Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) is to improve the quality of life of Delaware citizens by promoting health and well-being, fostering self-sufficiency, and protecting vulnerable populations. We prioritize personal and family independence by assisting individuals and families in a variety of life areas.
We offer numerous career opportunities and are dedicated to attracting and retaining highly talented individuals who are ready to make a difference in their community today. DHSS is a great place to kick-start your profession.
For more information, please visit https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/ today!
Selective Requirements must be met in addition to the job requirements. Applicants who do not possess the selective requirement will not be qualified.
Possession of an Orientation and Mobility Specialist certification.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Plans and implements educational lessons to address independent travel, orientation, and safe movement in the home, school, or community setting by accommodating for the specific eye condition.
- Keeps accurate records and data to reflect student progress and provides mandated reports to schools and families
- Attends mandated meetings concerning the educational needs of the students and advocates for students’ needs
- Acquires and delivers adaptive equipment, and administers appropriate assessments to students and writes reports with recommendations.
- Collaborates with school staff, other agencies and families to provide integrated services that meet the child’s visual needs. Collaborates with families, schools and vocational rehabilitation staff to prepare students for transition out of school and into post-secondary education or employment.
- Makes referrals for additional services that may be needed by the student to address visual needs and to transition into adult life.
resume with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training.
- Six months experience or coursework assessing training needs and developing and implementing an appropriate Individual Training Program for individuals with vision loss.
Additional Posting Information
License,Registrations and Certifications
Applicant will submit the following at time of interview:
- Copy of (unofficial) transcripts.
- Copy of Professional Status Certification or License, if available.
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources.
DHSS does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
resume are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the resume to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at StateJobs.Delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net