Inventory/Accounts Payable Accountant job vacancy in Hawaii Foodbank – Jobs in Hawaii
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Hawaii Foodbank & they are Hiring Candidates for Inventory/Accounts Payable Accountant
Company Name : Hawaii Foodbank
Company Location : Honolulu, HI 96819
Job Position : Inventory/Accounts Payable Accountant
Job Category : Jobs in Hawaii
Job Description :
Job Title: Inventory/Accounts Payable Accountant
Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Last Review Date: February 2022
Approved By: Vice President/CFO
The Inventory/Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible for Inventory valuation, Accounts Payable processing and credit card payments. This individual must be detail-oriented and possess proven people and communication skills. This position is responsible for providing accounting support to ensure efficient and accurate accounting operations of the Hawaii Foodbank.
The Inventory/Accounts Payable Accountant works with the Operations staff to set up and maintain inventory item pricing and ensures all costs related to that inventory is properly accounted for.
The Inventory/Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible for processing accounts payable checks, recording all electronic funds transfers, ensuring W-9s are on file for all vendors, ensuring all payees are approved for federal grant participation and processing year-end 1099’s. The Inventory/Accounts Payable Accountant processes the monthly credit card statements for employee credit cards. This position is reports to the Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for the setup of the cost of purchased inventory and the value of donated inventory.
- Responsible for the processing and coding of Accounts Payable checks, Electronic Funds Transfers and credit card processing. Processes annual 1099’s.
- Responsible for processing and mailing vendor payments, matching the check and the proper paper work and /or remittance advice and filing company copies.
- Ensures compliance with federal grants, by ensuring that all employees and payees that receive federal grant funds are not barred from federal grant participation.
- Performs general office duties, including memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents, faxes, and copies.
- Assists the Controller with journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Provide support on any other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Working evenings, holidays, special events and project work and weekend hours as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Four-year degree from college or technical school, preferably majoring in accounting or business; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages. Ability to apply all concepts of bookkeeping and all generally accepted accounting procedures.
EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Ability to use a computer equipment, calculator, copier, phone and fax to execute tasks.
- Use of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel.
- NetSuite accounting software, preferred.
Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. The Finance Department cross-trains the staff in the department, so the Inventory/Accounts Payable Accountant will be trained in other procedures, even if they are not the primary responsibility of the position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: ** As a condition of employment applicant selected for hire is required to verify COVID-19 fully vaccinated status with HR prior to starting work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 – $27.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net