GIS Analyst job vacancy in Leavenworth County – Jobs in Kansas
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Leavenworth County & they are Hiring Candidates for GIS Analyst
Company Name : Leavenworth County
Company Location : Leavenworth, KS 66048
Job Position : GIS Analyst
Job Category : Jobs in Kansas
Job Description :
LEAVENWORTH COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: GIS Analyst DEPARTMENT: GIS Department
PAY LEVEL: Level 20 ($24.96/hr to $29.24/hr) EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT: N
LOCATION: Leavenworth County Courthouse SUPERVISOR: GIS Director
SUPERVISES: GIS personnel
PERCENTAGE OF TIME ACCOUNTABILITIES
40% 1. Professional experience utilizing ArcGIS Online and associated tools including Survey123, Field Maps, Experience builder, and web applications. Technical Knowledge of GIS Software. Stays updated on ESRI ArcMap Software through classes and hands-on education.
35% 2. Public Relations and communications, Professional relations with taxpayers, contractors, other offices and municipalities.
15% 3. Maintain paperwork on billing, sales, petty cash, budget line items, etc.
5% 4. Personal Appearance: Projects a professional appearance by taste in dress and personal hygiene.
5% 5. Safety: familiar with procedures related to the use and handling of ammonia used in blueprint machines.
Formats and generates a variety of GIS products including standard and custom maps and map series, and standard map templates. Maintains, updates, and designs shapefiles and geospatial databases; extracts, cleans, adjusts, and converts data and information from non-GIS systems into GIS formats; uses scripts, queries, and other tools to obtain and/or correct missing or incorrect spatial and attribute data. Assists in designing, developing, testing, and implementing GIS applications to meet customer needs and organization requirements. Utilizes ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS to create web maps and related applications. Finds, obtains, downloads, and organizes data. Performs quality control operations to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all data. Read property legal descriptions, plats, and surveys and draw them on mylar maps. Create and edit digital maps in coverages and shapefiles using ESRI ArcMap Software. Add annotation and text to digital map layers. Link excel spreadsheets created from downloading data from county Appraiser’s CAMA files to make specific maps. Digitize subdivisions, agricultural maps, etc. using a digitizer tablet. Create requested maps delineating parcels selected by graphic tools or querying map layers using ArcMap tools such as Buffer. Perform QC work on map layers using ArcCatalog and ArcView. Create ArcReader maps using ArcPublisher Software. Manage aerial photos and vector layers with ArcSDE. Convert Arc coverages to GeoDatabases. Plot large-format paper maps from digital files. Work with all county departments that use maps and identify their needs and supply sufficient mapping support for their office to function. Manage all other GIS personnel in the office and ensure Emergency Service NG911 and
Appraiser’s office map work is completed accurately and meets all deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: (*Required prior to employment)
1. Knowledge of office policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of the principles, techniques, and equipment used with ESRI ArcMap software.
3. Knowledge of legal terminology concerning land descriptions
4. Work collaboratively and independently as a member of an integrated office environment
5. Flexibility to take direction from multiple reporting seniors
6. Knowledge of land surveying sufficient to convert data for mapping
7. Knowledge of property transaction records located in the County departments.
8. Knowledge of photogrammetry, geo-referencing digital images.
9. Knowledge of data input and conversion capabilities to allow graphic and non-graphic data to be converted separately and linked together at a later date using Excel, Access, and ArcMap.
10. Knowledge of graphic routine that calculates the area of a parcel and the knowledge to locate database records by graphic element.
11. Ability to meet project deadlines and understand how assigned tasks related to project goals.
12. Ability to understand the big picture of a project and how that relates to the GIS tasks at hand.
13. Skill in performing complex map drafting, and computing areas and closures from legal descriptions and maps using algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
14. Skill in operating and maintaining map reproduction equipment like blueprint machines, large format plotters, scribe and radiograph pens, protractors, engineer’s scales, land compass, and other equipment necessary for map preparation.
15. Skill in interpreting and reading various types of maps.
16. Skill in verbal and written communications and public speaking.
17. Skill in computer data entry, access, and revision.
18. Skill in combining Orthophotos, and many other digital map layers in various world projections using ESRI ArcMap software to produce final maps.
19. Skill in accessing the workstation and file creation, setup, and design of digital map layers.
20. Skill in business telephone etiquette.
21. Skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
22. Self-motivated to learn new GIS skills and continuously improve on existing skillsets.
ILLUSTRATIVE TASKS (This is not an inclusive list; other tasks/duties may be assigned.)
1. Calculates and transfers the dimensions of properties onto Orthophoto maps, places Mylar overlays on
Orthophoto maps, and adjusts the overlay to real-world coordinates. Computes measurements to map scale using engineer’s scales, angles, protractors, templates, and planimeter for square footage. Makes geometric and algebraic calculations to identify area radii, bearings, lengths, deflection angles, and distances to points along curves. Depicts measurements by graphics for mapping, converts archaic measurement standards on old maps into standard measurement, and compensates for photo distortion in calculations due to splicing or topography of the land.
2. Digitally creates and corrects property dimensions, lot numbers, plat blocks, etc as annotation in ESRI digital layers. Transforming and adjusting digital map layer in various map projections.
3. Operates and maintains map reproduction equipment, setting gauges to appropriate settings, adjusting timing switch to the proper speed, inserting Mylar overlay into blueprint machinery, and checking settings.
Runs copy through developer operation and periodically replaces ammonia and bulbs and performs other routine maintenance.
4. Researches historical ownership of property by researching ownership books in the Register of Deeds
5. Researches events and sites of historical significance in Leavenworth County through books, maps, records, and site visits.
6. Transfers data from Mylar maps through digitizing and using precision key-in to update geographical information system.
7. Creates cells and cell libraries for efficient computer use.
8. Manipulates reference files, and designs computer formats and graphic elements.
9. Establishes level symbols for future use according to text, line configuration, weight, and color.
10. Merge new maps to the master base map files and uses plotters to plot maps.
11. Converts digital CAMA data to excel tables and links them together with ESRI software to create graphic maps and query data results.
12. Use graphic operations to maintain graphic and non-graphic data.
13. Creates clean digitizing line work through application software.
14. Logs all certificates of survey and new subdivisions in alphabetical order to update the database.
15. Performs backup files on daily work files.
Work is performed in a modern office setting.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Cartography, geology, geomatics engineering, or a related field with an emphasis in GIS (or a GIS certificate).
- Significant experience working with and applying the Esri ArcGIS Platform (Desktop, ArcGIS
Online), to a wide variety of project types.
- Proficient with Esri ArcGIS Desktop software (i.e., ArcPro, ArcMap, ArcCatalog)
- Strong foundation in data acquisition, data management, data analysis, data models, SQL database, and data editing.
- Understanding of remote sensing general principles and applications (e.g., LiDAR) and experience using derived data products (e.g., las dataset, DEM, DSM)
- Basic experience with python scripting to automate tasks and/or strong interest in developing python scripting skillset
- A minimum of 4-5 years of professional applied experience providing GIS services
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- GISP is an asset but not required
- Also, refer to the asterisks in the KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS section of this job description.
1. Vision. Must be adequate for data entry, drafting, digitizing, and reading microfiche and a variety of documents. Cannot be color blind.
2. Hearing. Must be adequate for normal conversation and telephone communication.
3. Speech. Must be able to speak English clearly and clarify or give detailed facts and information.
4. Standing. 20% of the time – some standing when filing or researching records or when doing on-site research.
5. Walking. 30% of the time – required when doing on-site research and when going between work stations or when going to other departments.
6. Sitting. 50% of the time – while doing drafting, digitizing, and related clerical duties.
7. Lifting/Carrying 50 pounds – requires some lifting of records, inserting and retrieving Mylars from file drawers, loading paper rolls into plotters.
8. Pushing/Pulling 40 pounds – minimal requirement, inserting and retrieving Mylars from file drawers.
9. Climbing/Balancing Requires some ability to climb and walk through rural and undeveloped areas when doing on-site research.
10. Stooping/Kneeling Considerable stooping and kneeling are required when filing and when photographing sites.
11. Reaching/Handling Considerable reaching and handling are required on most tasks.
I have read the job description and understand the content.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.96 – $29.24 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Leavenworth, KS 66048: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- ArcGIS: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net