GIS Analyst job vacancy in Environmental Works, Inc. – Jobs in Missouri
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Environmental Works, Inc. & they are Hiring Candidates for GIS Analyst
Company Name : Environmental Works, Inc.
Company Location : Springfield, MO
Job Position : GIS Analyst
Job Category : Jobs in Missouri
Job Description :
GIS Analyst | Essential Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Build and maintain relational and geospatial databases
- Integrate spatial and analytical data using EWI’s relational and GIS database.
- Create GIS figures for ongoing projects with project managers (PM) using ESRI ArcPro
- Transition maps created in CAD to ESRI ArcPro
- Ability to utilize geospatial tools (contouring, georeferencing, creating feature classes, manipulating attributes tables) according to project needs
- Ability to package datasets for delivery to clients
- Work with project managers to design and build figures for reports and proposals
- Incorporates existing in-house data (environmental surface and subsurface – geology, wetlands, forestry, industrial) and public data sources (ex. USGS, county assessor data, other environmental geodatasets-Missouri Spatial Data Inventory System)
- Assist with or lead field surveys using GPS equipment
- Self-check own work for completeness, accuracy, compliance to standards
- Work from drawings, sketches or scanned images, customer drawings, or government drawings
GIS Analyst | Qualifications
- Bachelor’s[BK1] degree with GIS emphasis or certification
- 5-7+ years of related work experience preferred;orany equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- ESRIs ArcPro program knowledge and utilizing ArcGIS Online for acquisition of spatial data
- Ability to code in Python and SQL, or willingness to learn
- Microsoft Programs (Excel, Word, Access, and Project)
- Cartography knowledge and ability to make professional figures (title block, north arrow, scale, legend)
GIS Analyst | Additional Desired Skills
- A moderate-strong background in geology, hydrology, environmental science is a plus
- Familiarity with or ability to learn other software programs like CAD to prepare technical drawings for EWI’s engineering staff (system/remediation diagrams), or transition figures created in CAD into ArcPro
- Prepare 3D subsurface models (cross sections) using ArcPro, Voxler or similar program
- Golden Software Suite (Surfer, Voxler), familiar with GPS surveying equipment, preferably with units that are integrated with ESRI platforms
GIS Analyst | Other Duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must show a strong willingness to learn and work as a team player. EWI is committed to helping their staff grow and assist them with their career development. EWI believes in giving their employees responsibility for their own happiness. Here at EWI you will be expected to work in good faith and challenge yourself to think outside of the box. At the same time, EWI’s dedicated staff will assist into our environment and provide training in sensible areas as needed.
GIS Analyst | Work Environment
This job operates in a professional office environment, though some field work may be warranted to support field surveying projects. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work and typically Monday through Friday however the ability to work flexible hours with some weekend and holiday work may be required.
Environmental Works provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Self-determined schedule
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Springfield, MO: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- ArcGIS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Related Work: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net