Executive Director, Blue Zones Activate job vacancy in Blue Zones LLC – Jobs in Washington
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Blue Zones LLC & they are Hiring Candidates for Executive Director, Blue Zones Activate
Company Name : Blue Zones LLC
Company Location : Grays Harbor City, WA
Job Position : Executive Director, Blue Zones Activate
Job Category : Jobs in Washington
Job Description :
Executive Director, Blue Zones Activate
Location: Grays Harbor County, Central Western Washington
Blue Zones, LLC employs evidence-based ways to help people live longer, better. Our work is rooted in the New York Times best-selling books The Blue Zones, Thrive, and The Blue Zones Solution—published by National Geographic books.
We are applying the tenets of The Blue Zones in over 70 communities throughout the U.S., significantly improving health and lowering healthcare costs. We use an innovative, systematic, environmental approach to well-being that optimizes policy, building design and social networks. Our work has occasioned double digit decreases in obesity and smoking as well as measurable increases in life satisfaction. For more information, visit www.bluezones.com.
Blue Zones is working collaboratively with CHOICE Regional Health Network, in Grays Harbor, Lewis, and Mason Counties, central western Washington, to make the healthy choices easier by improving the environment where people live, work, and play. This effort involves business, government, schools, civic, non-profits, and individuals joining to support an integrated approach to improve the well-being of the community by optimizing living environments and policies. Through this collaboration and movement, residents in the community will naturally adopt healthy behaviors, improve their well-being, and live longer, healthier, and more productive lives.
This position will be accountable for overseeing and managing the local implementation of the Blue Zones Activate Phase II program. This person will serve as the key liaison with Blue Zones LLC during the implementation and operating period for Blue Zones Activate.
Must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment. Must have a growth mentality and the requisite nimble and agile approach to support a dynamic, multi-faceted program. Knowledge of and demonstrated belief in the Blue Zones principles required.
The ideal candidate will be a resident of Grays Harbor County, familiar with the challenges faced by residents in the community and will have connections to civic and government leadership, community outreach programs, community non-profits and area businesses. They know how to “make things happen”, are well respected in the community and viewed as a diplomat and connector.
Experience and Education:
- 5+ years of experience as a leader in operations, as a community organizer and/or managing complex community initiatives or campaigns with diverse volunteer resources. A blend of for-profit and government or non-profit experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, Political Science, Healthcare, Healthcare Administration or Business required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in lieu of education also considered
- Prior training in diversity, equity and inclusion is preferred.
- Lead community executive for Blue Zones Activate
- Primary liaison to the Blue Zones LLC related to the implementation of Blue Zones Activate
- Advisor to the Blue Zones LLC staff related to community dynamics and history
- Organize and manage the Blue Zones Activate Executive Committee and other committees as needed
- Execution of the community responsibilities as delineated in the Blue Zones Activate Planning Guides (Built Environment, Food Systems, Community Awareness, Grant Writing and Fund-Raising)
- Creation of the Blue Zones Activate Action plan and annual update to the plan in conjunction with the Blue Zones LLC staff
- Primary source of communication with key community leaders and sponsors related to the progress of the Blue Zones Activate initiative
- An effective leader and coach who can motivate volunteer teams to successfully achieve project goals and objectives.
- Strong operational skills.
- Good business judgment-possesses business insight, sensitive to industry shifts and business trends, actively identifies new areas of growth, ability to balance data-driven decisions with experience and execute the best decision.
- Ability to manage sponsor relationships while meeting overall business needs.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills as evidenced in articulate professional presentations to a group, establishes one-on-one rapport, writing detailed reports, and communicating via email and phone conversations.
- Able to communicate effectively as a project spokesperson with local media and with local/regional/national organizations.
- Results oriented – understands what results are important and focuses resources to achieve them.
- Adept at financial planning and successful budget management.
Inspiring, influencing, collaborative, and responsible. Energized by Blue Zones Project Mission and embodies Blue Zones Project principles.
Blue Zones provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Blue Zones is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $97,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Bonus pay
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination to mitigate COVID-19
- Community Initiative: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project leadership: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net