Executive Chef job vacancy in Holiday Inn – Columbia River – Jobs in Oregon
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Holiday Inn – Columbia River & they are Hiring Candidates for Executive Chef
Company Name : Holiday Inn – Columbia River
Company Location : Portland, OR 97217
Job Position : Executive Chef
Job Category : Jobs in Oregon
Job Description :
Holiday Inn – Columbia River is a full-service convention hotel located on the banks of the Columbia River. We’re now hiring a creative Executive Chef, to join our team!
What we offer:
Full time and Part time employees are eligible for:
· 50% off on a Monthly Trimet HOP Pass For employees
· Free Parking
· Team Member discount on hotels, car rentals, Grocery, Dental, Electronics and more.
· Flexible schedule
· Opportunity for growth
· Medical and dental and PTO benefits for qualified Full Time Team Members
Responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of food production, while maintaining profitable F&B operations and high quality products and service levels.
- Maintain quality of food product and ensure consistency in food delivery standards.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production areas.
- Develop new menus as needed and oversee the implementation in a timely manner.
- Provide training for all kitchen staff and meet quality standards, establish and enforce food specifications, portion controls, and recipes.
- Schedule and coordinate labor within budgeted labor costs.
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price structure.
- Establish controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguard all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Control food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
- Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs.
- Keep management informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Project annual food, labor and other costs.
- Attend food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Coordinate all par stock levels; monitor and assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of items served.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Review and approve weekly payroll.
- Recruit and select high quality staff.
- Coordinate and monitor all Loss Prevention in the kitchen area.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual food & beverage budget.
· Conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
· Maintain a safe working environment and immediately report all unsafe conditions.
· Maintain a good working relationship with all departments.
· Comply with all policies and procedures set forth by the property Employee Handbook.
- Diploma/Degree in Culinary Arts or related discipline preferred
- Three to five years minimum experience as a Chef.
- Possession of government required licenses or certificates.
- Have computer literacy and be able to use databases, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to read and employ math skills for following recipes.
- Exceptional communication skills, passionate, strategic and innovative.
- Self-confident, proactive, and able to prioritize and make effective decisions.
- Work any day of the week and any hour.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
Lifting/Carrying (up to 50 lbs.)
Up to 1 hour
If you are looking to learn and grow in the hotel industry, look no further and apply now!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Casual dining restaurant
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portland, OR 97217: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- We are only hiring 1 (one) Executive Chef at this time. If we select another candidate, would you be interested in joining the team as a Cook (Prep, Line, Grill or Pastry)?
- Culinary experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Food Handler Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net