Emergency Department Nurse Manager job vacancy in Livingston HealthCare – Jobs in Montana
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Livingston HealthCare & they are Hiring Candidates for Emergency Department Nurse Manager
Company Name : Livingston HealthCare
Company Location : Livingston, MT 59047
Job Position : Emergency Department Nurse Manager
Job Category : Jobs in Montana
Job Description :
The Manager of ED Services provides 24 hour managerial and clinical support to patients and staff. The manager demonstrates clinical expertise and oversees the leadership of clinical, financial and personnel management of the assigned areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Is responsible for departmental coverage 24/7. Commits to the hours needed to achieve outcomes and develops others to assure round the clock leadership. Flexing hours worked as staff to meet departmental needs will satisfy the required full-time hours.
2. Responsible to act as the clinical expert and be a resource for staff around the clock, functioning alongside staff as needed.
3. Responsible to respond immediately to department / facility emergencies unless coverage has been previously arranged.
4. Purposefully conducts all aspects of the job in an ethical manner in support of LHC’s commitment to the Standards of Excellence in all areas of personal and professional activity.
5. Maintains current knowledge of trends and advances in nursing practice, assuring patients are receiving current standards of care.
6. Responsible to ensure adherence to all state and federal regulations.
7. Works closely with risk management to identify and mitigate areas of risk; evaluating, initiating and documenting change in processes as needed.
8. Hardwires patient rounding by teaching and incorporating Studer principles to ensure consistent contact with patients and ensuring that the needs of patients are met.
9. Provides service recovery as needed, promptly responding to patient concerns with compassion, kindness, empathy and patience.
10. Hardwires staff rounding to develop appropriate manager / staff relationships.
11. Ensures ongoing communication with staff utilizing various means appropriate to department needs.
12. Identifies, develops, and implements Quality Improvement projects within department and across departmental lines.
13. Provides support for nursing departments in the absence of other nursing managers.
14. Facilitates regularly scheduled staff meetings, seeking input for operational decisions.
15. Actively collaborates with medical director / departmental committee(s) in planning, implementation and evaluation of common goals and objectives between nursing and ancillary departments, physicians and nursing staff.
16. Administers the Service Line Committee structure.
17. Serves as the value / product analyst for clinical department.
18. Establishes standards for clinical and fiscal evaluation of supplies and capital purchases for departments.
19. Coordinates with other departments to standardize practices, processes and equipment.
20. Mentors and coach staff and leaders throughout the organization.
21. Serves on committees, engages in leadership evaluation and participates in leadership interviews.
22. Identifies opportunities for service line growth, leads initiatives to enhance revenue.
23. Serves as leadership buddy.
24. Assists in the development of the operational and capital budget. Proactively provides daily operational resource management including staff, supplies, and equipment and ensures optimal productivity for the department.
25. Demonstrates the ability to interpret financial data as a means to determine appropriate interventions.
26. Responsible for approving biweekly payroll, identifies trends in utilization and takes corrective measures as needed.
27. Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding and retention of staff. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions and development of opportunities to create a culture of learning utilizing a “Just Culture” philosophy.
28. Develops schedule based on departmental needs taking into account the level of staff expertise and patient complexity.
29. Establishes and maintains departmental policies and guidelines to ensure adherence to professional and legal standards as well as evidence based practice.
30. Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of the clinical practice for departmental services, analyzing appropriate internal and external data and information to identify opportunities in collaboration with stakeholders for improving services and patient outcomes.
31. Develops education programs in conjunction with Staff Development Coordinator to assist the staff in the progression from novice to expert.
32. Compiles data for submission for quality initiatives as required by CMS, MDPPHS and other governing bodies. Seeks out opportunities for process improvement based on current patient satisfaction scores to ensure quality outcomes.
33. Utilizes patient satisfaction scores to identify successes and opportunities for performance improvement while consistently providing feedback and education to staff.
34. Performs other duties as necessary to meet LHC’s mission, “Serving through quality healthcare”.
UNIT SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (ED):
1. Oversight of Trauma Program.
2. Maintains standards for Level 4 Trauma Designation.
3. Ensures unit specific training / competency.
4. Directly collaborates with Emergency Preparedness Coordinator to ensure disaster readiness.
5. Maintain certifications in BLS, ACLS, PALS, TNCC, ENPCs.
1. Is a positive role model, exemplifying LHC’s Standards of Excellence
2. Able to work collaboratively with other departmental managers to ensure the best outcomes for patients.
3. Attends manager staff meetings, unless excused.
4. Attends all mandatory in-service classes.
5. Completes all required annual educational competencies.
OTHER FUNTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
1. Supports and models individual behavior consistent with the Standards of Excellence and the mission, vison and values of Livingston HealthCare.
2. Demonstrates commitment to customer service by:
· Building effective working relationships and treating others with respect.
· Interactive with customers (patient. Co-workers and visitors) on a warm and friendly way.
· Taking immediate action to meet customers’ needs or request.
· Attentive to each customer concern,
3. Demonstrates and encourages an ethics of open and effective communication and teamwork throughout the organization.
4. Adheres to Livingston HealthCare’s Code of Conduct and Livingston HealthCare and departmental compliance policies.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal of functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
- 3-5 years prior management experience in healthcare.
- Current active in good standing Montana RN license.
- ACLS, PALS, BLS, ENPC, TNCC certification, or able to achieve within one year of hire.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in nursing, specializing in Emergency or ICU nursing.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Management experience in Emergency Department and/or ICU.
2. Associate Degree in Nursing with previous leadership experience.
3. Bachelor’s Degree.
4. Masters’ in Nursing Degree.
Based on the Livingston HealthCare’s physical demand classification, the working conditions of this job are defined as:
MACHINERY AND EQUIPMENT
Frequently required to operate electrical/mechanical equipment used in patient care. Use of computer required.
Rare to occasional exposure to contact with chemicals, moving objects, confined spaces, slippery surfaces, extreme temperatures and noise. Frequent exposure to blood and body fluids.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Financial planning services
- Flexible spending account
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Emergency Medicine
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Livingston, MT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- RN (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net