Editor job vacancy in University of Kansas – Jobs in Kansas
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in University of Kansas & they are Hiring Candidates for Editor
Company Name : University of Kansas
Company Location : University of Kansas, KS
Job Position : Editor
Job Category : Jobs in Kansas
Job Description :
We specialize in map-based learning systems, informed by research on skill development, assessment design, and teacher professional development. Every program and project in our diverse portfolio of operational and grant-funded research strategically aligns with our student- and educator-focused mission. Our work is also supported by multiple strategic partnerships with organizations that share our focus and commitment to quality learning experiences for all students.
In addition to grant-funded research projects, ATLAS develops and delivers state assessments. Our largest assessment system is the Dynamic Learning Maps® (DLM®) Alternate Assessment System. DLM alternate assessments are designed to assess students with the most significant cognitive disabilities in English language arts, mathematics, and science. We also offer custom social studies alternate assessments. Our broader state assessments include the Kansas Assessment Program and the Kansas English Language Proficiency Assessment.
As an organization, ATLAS is committed to creating policies and practices that foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment in which all employees feel they belong and can succeed.
ATLAS is seeking an editor for our Implementation team. The editor will review a variety of written content, including correspondence, handouts, meeting notes, presentations, surveys, technical reports, training manuals, journal submissions, grant proposals, and website content.
Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong command of standard written English, attention to detail, and familiarity with style guides and Microsoft Word track changes. Successful applicants will have moderate to strong command of technology and software applications, such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF. Special consideration will be given to candidates who have experience with document accessibility.
This is a full time, 40 hours per week position. Our staff is predominantly working remotely at this time but also have the option to work in the office if they choose. KU offers great benefits to employees with up to 176 hours of paid vacation per year, 72 hours of sick leave earned per year, nine paid holidays plus one discretionary day, a retirement program, medical & dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options and State of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees educational and professional development opportunities. KU is a great place to work! See benefits.ku.edu for more details.
- Proofreading, copy editing, or writing content.
- Editing with Microsoft Word track changes.
- Providing comments and suggestions to writers.
- Formatting documents to match a template (apply document styles, logos, and copyright statements).
- Following style guides and other instructions.
20% – Providing other editing support as needed. Activities may include:
- Collaborating with other editors on the team.
- Keeping track of editing tasks.
- Contributing to departmental procedures.
- Training staff in writing and editing.
- Updating documents for accessibility.
- This position allows for a telework or hybrid work location for well-qualified candidates. A telework position may be required to travel to Lawrence up to four times per year.
- This position will require attendance at regularly scheduled meetings, onsite or through telecommunication platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of four (4) years business or academic editing experience
- Strong written communication skills as demonstrated by application materials
- One year experience editing professional documentation, such as training materials, presentations, website content, and correspondence
- Experience writing and editing grant proposals
- Knowledge of APA style
- Demonstrated ability in using Microsoft Word templates, track changes, styles, formatting, and accessibility tool
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English, education, history, or science
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Online application
- Detailed letter matching your professional experiences to the required and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information for three professional references.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Review of applications will begin on 12/12/2022. Please apply by the application review date.
Finalists for this position will be required to do a short editorial exercise. All applicants are welcome to request reasonable accommodations for any and all portions of the search process.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net