Director of Life-Long Faith Formation job vacancy in Waterford Central United Methodist Church – Jobs in Michigan
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Waterford Central United Methodist Church & they are Hiring Candidates for Director of Life-Long Faith Formation
Company Name : Waterford Central United Methodist Church
Company Location : Genesee County, MI
Job Position : Director of Life-Long Faith Formation
Job Category : Jobs in Michigan
Job Description :
An effective coordinator will develop and nurture a ministry for people of all ages, striving to guide, nurture, and support them as they grow as Christian disciples. This person must pay attention to the needs of the church and the community, providing opportunities for all people to grow in their relationship with God and to respond to that relationship faithfully in the church and the world. This is an intergenerational ministry position in that our Director of Life-Long Faith Formation must recognize how all people learn from one another, how all people (no matter their age) have gifts to share with the community, and how God is at work in all people. This person will work to bring people from diverse generations together, encouraging faith formation and spiritual growth in an intergenerational community.
Spiritual Gifts and Qualifications for this Ministry
This ministry Director would benefit from having one or more of these spiritual gifts: servanthood, teaching, exhortation (encouragement), leadership, administration, helping, and shepherding. This leader should show evidence of passion for spiritual growth and formation ad should demonstrate personal discipleship growth.
Useful skills for this position are strong communication skills, the ability to listen to and communicate with people of all ages, the ability to work with other ministry leaders, the ability to delegate responsibility and to follow up to complete tasks. Knowledge and respect for The United Methodist Church and its history, doctrine, and theology are also important.
The educational background for this ministry position may vary, however, Central Church would prefer candidates to be an Ordained Deacon in the United Methodist Church or have equivalent experience.
Responsibilities of the Ministry Position
The Director of Life-Long Faith Formation should maintain a healthy and growing spiritual life and encourage teachers and leaders to do the same.
The coordinator needs to be familiar with the congregation’s overall goals and how they are achieved through intergenerational ministries. At present these goals involve:
- Lead Confirmation Class (8thGrade) Sunday Morning Education Program and oversight of the nursery attendant program
- Vacation Bible School
- Tween Group and Youth Group
- Facilitate Intergenerational Opportunities
- Plan and implement mission opportunities for children and youth
- Youth Faith Growth Pathway
- Adult Faith Formation collaborating with the Lead Pastor (curriculum, facilitating classes) to facilitate Adult Faith Growth Pathway and Small Group Development
- All the above to include: Planning curriculum, finding volunteers, teacher training, managing budget
This leader will work with others to plan and carry out intergenerational ministry in a varied and wide-ranging program that includes worship, study, fellowship, service opportunities, and so forth.
- Equip and empower laity for children and youth ministries.
- Care/visitation for children and youth.
- Advising Little Sprouts Pre-School and Daycare
– Clergy Liaison with Central UMC (CUMC)
– Board Member/Advisor
- Communicate Faith Formation Ministry with Staff/Congregation
– Monthly newsletter
– Bulletin Boards
- Assisting in Worship
– Preaching (4-5 times per year)
– Family Christmas Eve Service: Planning/Leading
– Youth Sunday: Planning/Leading
– Christian Education Sunday (September)
– Christian Education Appreciation (Spring)
– Special Services (Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday)
- Funerals and Weddings (upon request or as needed)
- Work with Ministry Facilitators and Team Leaders for support and resource
- Attend Meetings (Weekly Staff Meetings, Church Committee Meetings)
- Annual Conference Responsibilities
The coordinator will build networks with community organizations and people to connect the congregation with the community for a strong program. The coordinator will look for new ministry opportunities.
- Networking with community organizations as a liaison of the church (Schools, Civic organizations, Library, etc.)
- Community Bridge Events (Advise and support laity in planning/implementing – for example, Trunk or Treat and Easter Egg Hunt.)
- Oversee Church-wide events (Advise and support laity in planning/implementing – for example, Advent/Christmas events.)
- Welcome and Connect with New Families
A Final Word
This ministry position is a vital part of our clergy team at Central United Methodist Church and is highly valued within our Staff and church culture.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net