Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in LAS VEGAS CONVENTION AND VISITORS AUTHORITY & they are Hiring Candidates for Communications Specialist
Company Name : LAS VEGAS CONVENTION AND VISITORS AUTHORITY
Company Location : Las Vegas, NV 89109
Job Position : Communications Specialist
Job Category : Jobs in Nevada
Job Description :
The Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting the Communications Department at the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) with a strong focus on telling the business story of the LVCVA, the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) and the Las Vegas destination. The Communication Specialist will assist the Communications Department, members of the executive team and internal departments in providing communications support to help promote Las Vegas as the premiere destination for leisure and business travel while protecting the reputation of the LVCVA and the destination.
This position is expected to be detail and deadline-oriented with an emphasis on writing, storytelling, and managing and measuring media relations efforts.
What You’ll Do:
Keep in mind that this list is not all-inclusive.
- Write and disseminate press materials and media pitches and prepare accompanying visual assets and data points for local, trade and national media that result in positive news coverage.
- Develop proactive media relations pitches/story ideas, campaigns and opportunities to promote the agenda and initiatives of the LVCVA and its assets such as the LVCC, the Vegas Loop, Monorail and the Las Vegas destination.
- Collaborate with internal departments to strategize, communicate and promote key initiatives to desired stakeholders such as building customers, resort partners and elected officials.
- Ensure the media has current, accurate and comprehensive information and an understanding of the LVCVA and the destination.
- Develop, maintain and update media lists of key local, trade and national news organizations.
- Monitor news coverage about the LVCVA and its assets such as LVCC, the Vegas Loop and Monorail to ensure accuracy and news balance; manage inaccuracies and request corrections in real-time with news outlets.
- Help prepare LVCVA executives for media interviews, board meetings, presentations and speaking engagements by vetting journalists and media outlets and gathering relevant data, insights and visual assets.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with local, trade and national media as well as with resort partners, building customers, and key government public information offices.
- Respond to incoming media inquiries.
- Help organize and execute press events, presentations and activations.
- Create media coverage reports for major pitches and campaigns that provide measurement, highlights and analysis of the news coverage.
- Coordinate internal communications projects to share timely, relevant news to keep ambassadors informed and engaged.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of industry and destination trends, local and national travel developments and news, the media landscape and innovations throughout the destination.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field
- Strong writing and editing skills and familiarization with AP style
- Ability to manage communications campaigns for all key stakeholder audiences
- Working knowledge of communications and media relations principles, practices, and procedures
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Creative problem solver
- Exceptional time management, organization, prioritization, and attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite required
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal oversight
- Ability to embrace ambiguity
- Forward-thinker and knack for continuous process improvement
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the LVCVA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net