Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Shoshone Paiute Tribes & they are Hiring Candidates for Clinical Registered Nurse
Company Name : Shoshone Paiute Tribes
Company Location : Owyhee, NV 89832
Job Position : Clinical Registered Nurse
Job Category : Jobs in Nevada
Job Description :
Because of the sensitive and trusted nature of this position, the clinical registered nurse or licensed practical nurse are subject to initial, for cause, and suspicion less (random) drug/alcohol testing and a thorough background check. This individual works in patient situations requiring mental alertness and in the course of their employment, regularly comes into contact with children and seniors. This person may operate Tribal vehicles and/or equipment in the course of their employment.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
The RN incumbent is a member of the health care team, and serves as a clinical RN performing professional nursing duties in the Out-patient Clinic. Under the general direction of the Nursing Administrator, the RN will plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care plans, supervise day to day activities of subordinate staff; and provide for the coordination of services as specified in the patient plan of care.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinates and directs the care of patients in clinic. Participates in patient care service planning, which involves assessment and evaluation of adult and pediatric patients.
2. Participates in the development of policies and procedures to enhance patient care outcomes. Plays an active role in performance improvement projects.
3. The clinical RN accepts responsibility to provide leadership, supervision and instruction to subordinate staff. Ensures SPT employee work rules are followed in the clinical setting.
4. Interviews patients, and family members. Consults with attending provider and staff from other departments to determine health care services required.
5. Reviews and interprets findings to distinguish between normal and abnormal conditions during patient screening and assessment. Reports critical lab values, and abnormal radiology findings immediately to the attending provider.
6. Communicates clearly, effectively, and appropriately with other staff members within the facility.
7. Carries out treatments and emergency procedures as required. Administers medications to pediatric and adult patients using a variety of routes, IM, PO, etc. The clinical RN administers IV medications as ordered.
8. Observes and documents patient’s response to medication and treatment. Maintains the electronic health record (EHR) with timely documentation, observations, and nursing interventions.
9. The clinical RN provides guidance, direction and training to ancillary staff. Provides orientation and training to new nursing personnel after successful completion of six month probationary period.
8. Provides counseling and teaching to patients and families on preventive, curative, and rehabilitative measures to achieve optimal health potential.
9. Participates in the development and evaluation of standards of nursing care for adult and pediatric patients.
10. Work is performed on a regularly assigned basis to provide continuity of patient care and services during regular Monday to Friday clinical hours. During disaster and emergency situations, nursing staff are subject to recall to duty.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. The RN must possess current CPR and AED training. ACLS and PALS certifications are preferred.
2. The RN must possess an active license from a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or a territory of the United States in good standing.
3. Valid Driver’s License
4. Bachelors’ Degree in Nursing preferred. Associate degree in Nursing or Diploma (RN) required.
The Clinical RN, through delegation from the Nursing Administrator, makes worksite assignments and coordinates guidance on complex and/or modified nursing procedures and techniques. The Clinical RN independently plans and provides comprehensive nursing care and services without specific instructions. The Clinical RN is encouraged to discuss difficult or unusual problems with the Nursing Administrator to collaboratively determine a plan of action. Work is subject to review for effectiveness of operations and compliance with legal requirement, protocols, and professional standards of nursing.
Guidelines and Other Factors Required:
Guidelines include provider’s orders, standing orders, nursing policies and procedures, and facility-wide policies. The Clinical RN uses educational and experiential judgment in determining a course of action when a number of options are present. For example, a change in an adult or pediatric patient’s condition may warrant continual intensive observation, notifying the primary provider of status change, or immediately initiating BLS, ACLS or PALS protocols depending on certification and experience.
1. The RN must have knowledge of professional nursing standards of care, principles, and practices. Critical thinking and assessment skills which include consideration of the physical, emotional, spiritual, and socio-cultural aspects of care impacting health care services and delivery.
2. Knowledge of the many different types of patient care/services, and the ability to accurately and completely document all related clinical data. Maintains HIPAA standards.
3. The clinical RN must have knowledge of various disease processes, in order to recognize complications that might occur in adult and pediatric patients and the therapeutic interventions required.
4. Knowledge of pharmaceuticals and adult and pediatric dosages, in order to recognize desired therapeutic effect, side effects, and complications of their use.
5. Knowledge of human behavior during stressful situations in order to interact with patients and their families with emotional control, tact, patience, and reliability.
6. Knowledge of the availability and use of resources designated by primary care and referral services.
7. The clinical RN must have the ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms in adult and pediatric patients, which are not always apparent, and to react promptly in emergency situations, including the implementation of life saving procedures.
8. Skill in operating specialized medical equipment. On-the-job training will be provided for facility-specific equipment (e.g. EKG, POC testing devices).
9. Ability to develop, or participate in developing, patient care plans and standards for the delivery of nursing services.
10. Ability to provide individual and family counseling, guidance, and health instruction to help patients and their families understand how to prevent disease and maintain good health.
11. The RN incumbent must possess the ability to provide guidance and leadership to other nursing personnel.
12. The RN incumbent will participate in the coordination of patient services, and discharge planning as an active member of the Aftercare Committee.
Work requires walking, standing, bending, and some lifting in order to assist patients out of wheelchairs, and onto or off exam tables or stretchers.
Work is performed in the Out-patient Clinic where there is exposure to contagious disease. Some degree of risk is involved with working with emotionally disturbed and or/inebriated patients.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $84,385.60 – $93,038.40 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Owyhee, NV 89832: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Registered Nurses: 1 year (Preferred)
- RN License (Preferred)
- CPR and AED Training or/and ACLS & PALS Certificate (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net