Carpenter – $1,000 Sign on Bonus job vacancy in The Hinckley Company – Jobs in Maine
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in The Hinckley Company & they are Hiring Candidates for Carpenter – $1,000 Sign on Bonus
Company Name : The Hinckley Company
Company Location : Trenton, ME 04605
Job Position : Carpenter – $1,000 Sign on Bonus
Job Category : Jobs in Maine
Job Description :
Hinckley has been building and servicing America’s finest yachts since 1928. Today, Hinckley builds highly innovative, power and sailing yachts from 29 to 76 feet under the Hinckley, Hinckley Sport Boat, Hunt, and Morris brands. Hinckley Yacht Services offers a network of 9 full-service yacht yards from Maine to Florida. Our talented team members work on any make or model yacht and are proud to deliver the highest level of service in the industry. We are always seeking tradespeople with a strong work ethic who are willing to support the best team in the business.
We are seeking Carpenter (s) to join our boat building team in Trenton, Maine. Hinckley offers competitive wages, training and full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k with an employer match, and paid time off. Our expanding network of service yards allows you the opportunity of upward mobility and a clear career path to achieve personal success.
A Carpenter performs basic joinery, carpentry tasks on and off boats, following simple plans, blueprints, or patterns under close supervision of a team leader or supervisor. Often uses specialized equipment and adhesives to achieve desired results.
- Transfers dimensions to marine plywood and other construction materials using tape measure, square and marking/layout devices.
- Makes accurate cuts of wood and other materials using table and chop saws and other related power tools.
- Develops the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- May layout, cut and assemble boat parts, such as doors, paneling, boxes, rails, and trim.
- Installs prefabricated/custom parts such as hatches, marine hardware, metal trim, seats and other parts.
- Applies caulking compound under spray rails, windshields, and around windows, using appropriate material to specified lengths and cements, crimps, screws, or taps into place.
- Develops understanding of complex woodworking joints and applies knowledge to task.
- May be required to use epoxies and vinylester resins or other adhesives to bond parts together.
- Uses reading and writing, adding and subtracting of whole numbers and fractions.
- Follows defined instructions and procedures in performance of tasks.
- Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe, clean work area.
- Performs all work to Hinckley quality standards.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- High school or general equivalency degree (GED) required.
- Course work in wood and/or metals preferred.
- Knowledge and operation of tape measure, square, hand saw, hand plane, table saw, and chop saw, planer, joiner, router, band saw, shaper, surface sander.
- 0-3 years’ experience woodworking which may be attained on-the-job or through school, hobby, or construction.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net