BAPS10-2022-04909-Senior Policy & Planning Analyst-Cheyenne job vacancy in State of Wyoming – Jobs in Wyoming
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in State of Wyoming & they are Hiring Candidates for BAPS10-2022-04909-Senior Policy & Planning Analyst-Cheyenne
Company Name : State of Wyoming
Company Location : Cheyenne, WY
Job Position : BAPS10-2022-04909-Senior Policy & Planning Analyst-Cheyenne
Job Category : Jobs in Wyoming
Job Description :
This position is involved in all aspects of government affairs including constituent services, correspondence, and legislative research, in addition to providing communications support. This position is required to attend legislative hearings and participate during legislative sessions. Applicants should have an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, possess excellent writing skills, and an enthusiastic attitude. This position reports directly to the Chief Communications & Government Affairs Officer and is a great opportunity to learn more about information technology and policy.
Human Resource Contact: Jennifer Erickson / 307-275-5114 / [email protected]
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
WHO WE ARE:
ETS provides comprehensive technical leadership & solutions enabling agency partners to deliver their mission and goals in a secure, transparent, and fiscally efficient manner. We also are coupled with the Office of the Chief Information Officer, which advocates for and implements statewide policy around data, cybersecurity, and IT governance. Our values are reliability, efficiency, collaboration, ownership, transparency, honesty, and trust.
The Communications & Government Affairs team works with the media, legislature, Executive Branch agency contacts, and the Governor’s Office. We monitor proposed laws, and interpret federal and state statutes, and share information which present, promote, and explain agency and CIO initiatives.
WHO YOU ARE:
Have experience working in public policy and advocacy and have demonstrated
experience monitoring legislation and conducting research. You are committed to the values of the agency and Wyoming. You enjoy working in a fast-paced setting and engaging our stakeholders. You have a set of professional and lived experiences that equip you well to serve Wyoming.
- Enjoy coordinating policy functions – This position will:
- Assist with developing materials and information submitted by the agency to the Legislature and Governor’s Office
- Passionate about state government – This position will:
- Review and interpret state and federal statutes to determine the impact on programs, operations, and management;
- Create training and educational material to inform and educate internal and external stakeholders on state and federal changes.
- Want to be part of a dynamic team – This position will:
- Participate in decisions that affect the team as a whole.
- Work cross-functionally to collect and compile information that will be used in reports, publications, and various communication materials.
- A Rockstar communicator – This position:
- Employs effective internal and external verbal and written communication techniques when representing the agency to state partners and internal teams.
- Assists with both internal and external content creation.
- Flexible and adaptable – This position:
- Has work that is diverse and complex with constantly changing priorities requiring judgment in determining work methods for accomplishing desired results.
Preference may be given to applicants with experience in state government.
Preference may be given to applicants with experience with graphic or web design
Preference may be given to applicants with experience establishing, promoting, and maintaining cooperative working relationships with representatives of all levels of government and the public.
Preference may be given to applicants with experience with public speaking.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong policy analysis skills
- Knowledge of the legislative process, procedures
- Demonstrated experience in proposing solutions through policy
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously on behalf of the agency
- Knowledge of development, operation, oversight and maintenance of agency information systems
- Knowledge of the industry to understand and grasp issues pertaining to that division as they arise
Education & Experience Substitution:
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Some travel required
- Office Setting
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Successful candidates must pass a background check
- To be considered, an applicant must submit the following:
- Tailored and updated application to include updated employment verifications for past positions to include updated contact information
- Tailored resume
- A detailed cover letter explaining position qualifications
- A current writing example, 500 words or less
077-Enterprise Technology Services – Office of Chief Information Officer
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
There are many benefits to living and working in Wyoming. Beautiful country with wide-open spaces and clean air, great recreational opportunities, and no State income tax to mention a few! In addition, the State of Wyoming offers State employees a very generous benefits package. Please click here for more information on the State of Wyoming employee benefits*.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net