Assistant Program Director – Mental Health Unit job vacancy in UPMC – Jobs in New York
Looking for a New Job? apkdb.net is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in UPMC & they are Hiring Candidates for Assistant Program Director – Mental Health Unit
Company Name : UPMC
Company Location : Jamestown, NY 14702
Job Position : Assistant Program Director – Mental Health Unit
Job Category : Jobs in New York
Job Description :
Combine your leadership skills and clinical experience to take the next step of your career! In this role, you will lead our Inpatient Behavioral Health team. If you’re a natural people-person passionate about developing team members and making an impact in the world of Behavioral Health, we invite you to join our team at UPMC Chautauqua today!
This position is days which typically has a Monday – Friday schedule.
Our Assistant Program Director is responsible for inpatient program development and evaluation of treatment strategies for the unit as a whole and individuals and families as needed. In addition, this individual takes an active role in behavioral supervision, education and development of the direct care staff’s skills to provide effective behavioral and cognitive treatment. Reports to Program Director for Clinical and administrative supervision.
MAJOR TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Develops, conducts and evaluates staff education and training in the area of therapeutic communications, interactions and consumer satisfaction.
2. Provides role modeling and feedback to the direct care staff on behavioral management and cognitive techniques.
3. Develops, implements, evaluates and revises the milieu management program in collaboration with the unit leadership and direct supervision.
4. Coordinates behavior management training for parents and families. Assigns cases to the milieu therapists and monitors progress.
5. Coordinate, consult and collaborate with the outpatient treatment team and the multidisciplinary treatment team to provide follow through of the behavioral management treatment plan. This includes schools, wrap-around services, partial programs, RTFs, mobile crisis and any other applicable outpatient services.
6. Develops and coordinates individual behavior and group therapies, provides supervision to milieu therapists.
7. Participates in diagnostic, discharge, treatment evaluation and other conference on an as needed basis. May assume clinical care responsibilities as needed.
8. Provides individual patient assessments, develops special treatment plans and coordinates the implementation of the plan. Evaluates effectiveness and reports to the multidisciplinary treatment team.
9. Participates in specific program leadership meetings and coordinates the implementation of administrative, clinical, training and educational decisions in the daily functioning of the program.
10. Demonstrates and has advanced knowledge of structured clinical assessment tools including specific measures of psychiatric symptomatology, functional behavior assessments, family functioning, and academic achievement within ability to communicate results of evaluations to families and referral agencies/professionals.
11. Assumes routine administrative responsibilities as indicated, and assists in the development and implementation of the hospital and unit policies and procedures
12. Maintains relevant case records, departmental statistics, and direct clinical contact commensurate with caseload
1. Completes the responsibilities of the position accurately and efficiently.
2. Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of the symptomatic display of behavioral dysfunction accompanying DSM-IV disorders of the child /adolescent and Intellectual Disabilities population.
3. Demonstrates an understanding of behavioral management principles and can formulate, implement and evaluate behavioral treatment plans.
4. Demonstrates the ability to provide behavioral supervision for the direct care staff.
5. Demonstrates the ability to communicate both verbally and written with a multidisciplinary staff.
6. Attends unit meetings, actively participates in identification of areas for improvement and works in collaboration with the unit leadership to implement programmatic revisions.
7. Participates with the nursing management in evaluating patient satisfaction and assists in developing and implementing recommended actions.
8. Assumes other responsibilities as directed.
1. The employee in this position reports directly to the Program Director of the unit for clinical supervision and NCM for administrative supervision.
2. The incumbent is responsible for the clinical supervision of the direct care staff on the implementation of behavioral strategies and cognitive management techniques.
3. Incumbent will provide feedback to the NCM and ANCM’s concerning direct care staff’s ability to accurately and appropriately implement these techniques.
- Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in psychology, school psychology, education or a related field OR enrolled in a doctorate program (e.g., PhD, PsyD, EdD) in psychology, school psychology, education or a related field with three (3) years experience in behavioral health.
- Proven leadership skills and an ability to work with patients and their families and to work collaboratively with other staff members specifically demonstrating communication, coordination and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of evidence-based therapies.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in basic behavioral principles, development of behavior support plans, and the application of behavioral principles to clinical situations.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CCM training is required within 60 days of hire and annually thereafter.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Comprehensive Crisis Management (CCMC)
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as apkdb.net